ruth’s wn entry: noticings
So far this morning I’ve noticed:
- My son is becoming a little boy. He smiles for the camera now. He sits on a stool up at the counter alone now. He doesn’t need his banana smashed — or even cut into pieces — now.
- Today is my anniversary. I’ve noticed that I remember my wedding day like it was yesterday, and yet, I don’t really remember life without Andy. Such a paradox — something I should mull over more.
- Thirty is good. I’ve been this age for five days now and it fits. I like thirty. I like having some life experience under my belt and yet still have so much more living to do.
- I have fully embraced my creativity. It was something that I oppressed several years ago, telling myself it was fluff. About a year ago, I woke up to the notion that I missed this defining personality trait. I’ve spent the last 10 months restoring it. This morning, I was outside, looking at the world through my artist eyes and I noticed that creativity is once again a defining charactistic of mine.
- I love being home. After the whirlwind of a week I had and the upcoming visit to my grandma in another state, I’m enjoying the bit of quiet time yesterday and today have brought. Quiet is good for the soul.