a state of mind.
I’ve realized that being a writer is about a state of mind — embracing the ebb and flow of inspiration and ideas and desire. This little blog of ours began as a way to practice what we preach and be writers ourselves. Little did I know how much it would change me. I’ve become –
- An observer of the details in the world.
- More efficient in my drafting (especially at times when I don’t want to write).
- More understanding when students say, I don’t know what to write.
- Increasingly aware of the hard work and effort it takes to write well.
- More demanding of myself as a writer, a teacher, and a collector of memories.
- Sensitive to the need of students to have quick response to their writing. I’m amazed how much comments fuel me as a writer.
- Thankful for teachers who are just a click away and are passionate about teaching and writing and reading and life.
Thank you all who read this blog. Your encouragement is much appreciated.