Today’s Our Blogiversary
Today is our FIFTH blogiversary. That’s right! Five years ago today we started Two Writing Teachers. Here’s a little look at five things that have changed between June 12th, 2007 and June 12th, 2012.
- Five years ago Ruth and I had met in person just once. Now we have seen each other in person quite a few times (for being 565 miles apart) and have presented together at least five conferences.
- Five years ago I was engaged to be married and living in Manhattan. Now my husband and I live in Pennsylvania and delight in raising our daughter.
- Five years ago Ruth and her husband had one son. Now they have been married for over ten years and are the parents to three children.
- Five years ago Ruth and I were unsure if a blog written by two people who lived miles apart would work. Now we have published a book together despite the distance.
- Five years ago we didn’t know any of you. Now we are part of an incredible community of writers and educators.
We are so fortunate to have all of you in our lives. Thank you for your support over the past five years!
Would you be so kind as to leave a comment with your geographic location and your job title/grade you teach? Also we’d love to know how long you’ve been reading our blog (even if you’ve never commented before). It’s our little way of recognizing you as our reader. Thank you!