I’m glad you are here (both August, and you, reader). It’s time to transition again. I will reclaim the joy of a schedule, while at the same time mourn the loss of summer pace. It’s a slow, but timely transition. I trust you, August, knowing you will once again help me prepare for the start of a new school year. I will be ready, with a happy heart. So, as part of the transition from summer to school, I want to say hello to…
- Hello slow cooker, I’ve missed bar-b-que shredded beef sandwiches, lime chicken tacos, and vegetable soup .
- Hello laptop cover, I remember you get packed late at night, my computer charged for the next day.
- Hello travel mug, you make me smile, keeping my tea warm on the long morning drive.
- Hello afternoon runs, I can squeeze you in while dinner cooks and homework is completed.
- Hello new school supplies, yes, Flair pens, I’ll buy you again this season.
- Hello make up and jewelry, you are not forgotten.
- Hello school friends, we will catch up, making it feel like months haven’t passed.
- Hello golden leaves, crisp chilled air, and harvest field, you soothe my soul.
How about you? What are you looking forward to saying hello to?