Day 9 of the March SOLSC! #sol14
One week down in our month-long challenge! The commenting challenge continues today. Please check out Dana’s post for more information!
- Please use the SAME email/username information on all of your March comments.
- In order to be in the running for a prize at the end of the month, you must leave the link to your slice of life story by 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Reminder: Eastern Daylight Time begins today. Posts will need to be linked by 11:59 p.m. EDT starting this Sunday.
- Please play fair and leave only one link each day.
- Include the permalink (aka: unique URL) to your post when you leave a comment. Click here and scroll to the “New to Slicing” section of the blog post where you’ll find two visuals that illustrate an example and a non-example of a permalink.
- Please use #sol14 on tweets about Slice of Life Story Challenge.
- Questions? Contact one of our concierges:
I became acquainted with Dana Murphy (@dmurph143) during the Slice of Life Story Challenge last year. I enjoyed reading Dana’s writing since she often wrote about her daughters who are around my daughter’s age. I really got to know Dana once she came aboard as a co-author of Two Writing Teachers this past fall.
If you’ve read Dana’s writing, then I’m sure you know, like I do, that she’s a very talented writer. Many of Dana’s pieces could be featured in this section, but I want to share just one of them here today. She crafted a slice of life, “When the Tooth Fairy Came,” about the day her daughter Maddie lost a tooth. It was a tooth that was expected to fall out for awhile and, unfortunately, Dana missed it since Maddie’s tooth fell out at day care. There is a sense of regret Dana carries throughout this piece by artfully weaving a line through it again and again. Her use of repetition is exquisite. I hope you’ll read “When the Tooth Fairy Came” today. I hope it inspires you to try out some repetition in your slice of life story today.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
- 2014 Support Team
- Getting Started (infographic)
- Prize Information and Late Starters Prize Info
- Slice of Life Information Page